Tuesday 17 June 2014

Very Fishy Stay in Line App Ranking (optimizemyapps.com)

Here’s another App in the footsteps of Flappy Bird. I mean in terms of how the App achieved Rank no 1 on Top Free Apps on the App Store. There isn’t any reasonable explanation of how a App which was maybe ranking in the 1000’s can jump overnight to No.1 position.
I will outline the sequence of events in this Apps brief life & why I say its Very Fishy Stay in Line App Ranking:
Born on May 8 2014:
Please see AppAnnie Screenshot below. It is not even ranked in any country from May 8th to May 18th 2014
Stay in Line, app rank manipulation
Magic Happens – On May 18th , suddenly the App ranks to No. 5 position on US Overall rankings.
Stay in Line - Fishy App no 1 rank
No. 1 Position – The App moves to No. 1 position on May 19th 2014 on Overall rankings. The rest as they say will be history for this developer
How is Stay in Line ranking no 1 on App Store
If you are thinking this app has been featured on the App store & that has something to do with its stupendous rise to the top of the store, think again, its not :
Stay in Line App crazy ranking secret reveled
I am not sure what to think of this apps rise or how to analyze it. Is it bots who are manipulating the ranking on the App Store. Is this type of marketing / rank manipulation on the App Store something which a select few people know & are exploiting it to make riches. Its very hard to guess. Thats why I say its Very Fishy Stay in Line App Ranking
What I see is the familiar pattern of 5 star ratings with Really long App Reviews which incidentally I had written about earlier. There is an increase in the reviews & ratings associated with the Apps rise to no. 1 position. You might say , more users = more ratings , reviews. Yes, there are those genuine ratings too. However, what do you make of reviews like the one below:
“ Spawn of Sati     by i just… can’t
This game will make your brain sweat. I thought, ‘oh this game is easy, I got this’. I had a wonderful score at first. I can’t beat it. I believe we all know the popular rage game that’s so addicting and was most likely created by trolls, Flaapy Bird. I can say the same for this game. It makes you think that it’s so easy then SPITS in your face after that thought. I’ve only had it for about thirty minutes and it is BY FAR the best desicion and my worst regret. Haha, just kidding. Flappy bird was my worst regret.
Anyway, you’re probably thinking,’Well person, should I get the app or nah’. Well if you enjoy hope created and rising up with in you and feeling joy as you edge to breaking your high score, then that hope being ripped out of your soul brutally and destroyed in front of you with no mercy because you were one point away from reaching your goal, then yes. The game is PERFECT for you. But if you can’t stand the thought of not being able to do the possible (more like IMPOSSIBLE) Then this game will chew you to pieces and throw up like a Doberman. Then PLEASE DONT GET THE GAME. BUT, when you beat the highs ore, you are filled with pride and accomplishment that’s irreplaceable. The pattern works like this:
-You get a good score and you feel like you can do the impossible. You crave that feeling again.
-You dare yourself to go higher
-You fail
REPEAT
The reason I haven’t deleted this game is because I crave that feeling. That, is Satin at its best. “
There are many such reviews which are really really long as can be seen from the screenshots below:
IMG_2050IMG_2049IMG_2051IMG_2052








No comments:

Post a Comment